Originally Posted By: renov8r
Well some folks will certainly be banging the drum against the Marantz products for some of its failings (or country of origin...) and if Marantz was transparent enough to host a forum I'm sure enough "customers" would be be wailing and gnashing their teeth that at least some of the Marantz marketing guys would be terrified that their product will be a horrible flop too...

I've mostly given up complaining about the Chinese manufacturing since they're all doing it now. D&M Holdings (Marantz/Denon/etc) seems to have the capital and the manpower to crank out product on a consistent basis that appears to be well regarded by reviewers/consumers. So I doubt they have much to gnash their teeth over.

I'm actually using a Denon AVR-1912 (also from D&M Holdings) these days that I won in an office door prize. I'd planned on selling it on Ebay and then said "ah, what the heck..let's see what it sounds like." In short, it sounds pretty darned good and is loaded with creature comforts. If it had pre-outs, I'd probably just make it the main processor for my living room. I don't really notice the cheap receiver amplification since I feed everything below 100hz to my remaining LFM-1. smile

Best,