That's interesting news from Marantz rubbersoul. They've bumped up their model numbering to 007 with these new receivers. I usually google about once a month for news of a Marantz AV8006 processor and figuring that it was about time for the next increment in their modeling nomenclature, in the last few months, I've also googled for AV8007. I was coming out empty. But seeing the article you referred above, I googled it again and found these rumors, in of all places, the Emotiva lounge (posted by corbaatje):

"There are rumors from the Hifi Berlin show that this year the Marantz AV 7007(with Audyssey XT32?) will be out late summer/fall, and the AV 8007 with Audyssey XT32+Pro will be out this year or the beginning off next year."

If those rumors become a reality, this doesn't bode well for Outlaw, nor Emotiva for that matter. The 997 saga made Outlaw loose too much valuable time and the 978 has taken them too much time to develop, probably as a result of scarce financial resources for the project. If the Marantz processors show up within the same time frame as the 978, Ritz may be correct in predicting that the 978 will not sell too well.

It's interesting how the new Marantz SR7007 reciver has 6 HDMI inputs an 3 HDMI outputs. It's the first time I see one with three HDMI outputs.