Well, there is always Marantz and Integra.
I mean it seems that a lot of people are getting justifiably irritated but I do think that we should keep in mine that the 990 is a superb processor even today some YEARS after it was put out on the market. Yes, it is true that Outlaw is a small company and PERHAPS it cannot compete or mass production as quickly as Sony, Marantz and so many other mass marketed electronic companies, but Outlaw puts their money where their mouths are and I think that when the 978 comes out of the gate they will be on the BEST of the top ten list in Home Theater.
Their products are well built and their support is superb.

This is not to say that if someone needs a processor they should stick around and do without until Outlaw decides to market their new 978 but how many people on this forum that have the 990 are having problems that require them to buy a new processor. I am sure that the vast majority of Outlaws would not consider buying a NEW processor unless the one they have was out of commission.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I believe in loyalty but if you have the money and NEED a replacement for the 990 then you should go for it.
My friend just purchased the Integra 80.3 for $2600.
I think it sounds great wired to his new Focal W series speakers but I can't say they are out running my B&W 804's and my Outlaw 990 processor.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini