Originally Posted By: XenonMan

As far as I am concerned discs are the only way to go for PQ and sound. Everything else is subject to how many people are using the bandwidth at the same time. It is only a matter of time before we hit the wall and lose even more quality.

I totally agree on this Xenonman. I want to clarify my position on streaming and downloading. I love Bluray and I want physical media to stay AND improve. This is our only guarantee of picture and sound quality. I would like movies to become a bit more affordable but this is not the case.

It will be a while before we do see streaming that will be a true 1080p with lossless audio. The best senario is to just go for a newer Bluray disc in which movies are on physical media at 2k or 4k and new sets.

It is what the "I don't care" masses really want that drives the industry to more money. Only a big dog like Apple can bring downloading in mega-terabite harddrives to replace bluray but then again how much do the masses want this technology. They are still giddy about the next I-phone.