bluray is also far from perfect, still disc size of 50GB(dual layer) is big for being a 5 year old technology, if there up to 10TB optical comes it will take a while for harddrives to catch up, the problem will be to keep the cost down. fibre optics has enough bandwidth for blu-ray quality streaming.

many people today today haven't heard a good mastered lossless album and therefore don't know what they are missing. i switched to flac using $20 logitech speakrs and the difference was so big i didn't beleave my ears until i did some blind testing and converted the song myself, after that i startet to listend to music for real, this was with poor mastered music.

still there will always be claims like "you can't hear difference between flac and good mp3". maby it's the same thing for movies. ofcourse you will enjoy it much more with quality setup, the bottleneck here is the source just as with mp3 files.

i actually think model 978 will be released within 3 mounts. it is good news for people who want a affordable unit with audyssey xt32 and good dacs.

Edited by anjora (05/18/12 03:16 PM)