Originally Posted By: cp1966
Blu Ray is dead? Really? Maybe I am behind the curve but I believe Cinavia will eliminate the abilty to rip a bluRay to a HD for playback. I do believe you are correct in your belief that BR streaming is not far away. But BR sales are increasing, the quality is superb, and it really is not much work to put one into a $50 or a $500 BR player.

BR is in a "dead man walking" state. The content is relatively expensive (compared to other available alternatives) and the market is clearly moving towards consumers who prefer to not deal with physical media.

Quote:

In regards to the 4 year announcment date and will the new PrePro be ready by September; I doubt it will be released by then. We have been teased over and over about the release date, just to be let down over and over. Last summer we were told it would be released by last quarter of 2011....ho hum.

Times change. There was a time where Outlaw was in front of the pack in terms of features and well out in front in terms of price/performance. That's no longer the case. There are a growing number of competitors in the (Emotiva is frequently mentioned) space that implement the same business model. Design the product using "commodity" components, do what you can to add value with support, and then outsource production to China/Timbuktu/wherever. After seeing the sad/comic Keystone Cops attempt to deliver a successor to the 990 over the past FOUR years, I don't think I would feel comfortable buying something as complex as a theater processor from Outlaw any longer. They clearly have very little control over the process and the management of both process itself and the piss poor management of customer expectations with respect to delivery dates has been a complete joke. That might sound harsh, but let's just call a spade a spade. I find myself wondering if this flailing around is a result of poor capitalization, poor management, or both. Outlaw has ceased to be relevant (at least for me) in the enthusiast home theater market. Sad, but time marches on.....

Best,