Blu Ray is dead? Really? Maybe I am behind the curve but I believe Cinavia will eliminate the abilty to rip a bluRay to a HD for playback. I do believe you are correct in your belief that BR streaming is not far away. But BR sales are increasing, the quality is superb, and it really is not much work to put one into a $50 or a $500 BR player.

In regards to the 4 year announcment date and will the new PrePro be ready by September; I doubt it will be released by then. We have been teased over and over about the release date, just to be let down over and over. Last summer we were told it would be released by last quarter of 2011....ho hum.

Originally Posted By: anjora
i beleave blu-ray is a dead format, a 2TB harddrive might cost $60 and can hold 40 blu-ray movies(dual layer), i would say it's a much better solution if you want to have a copy of the film. i beleave blu-ray quality streaming isn't that far away either. i guess blu-ray had a point 2006 when hard-drives where much more expensive per GB and internet much slower.

40 layers and 250GB per layer would result in 10TB of maximum storage per disk which would be enough for even 3840*2160 without lossy compression.
Panasonic TC-P65S1 65" Plasma HDTV, Marantz AV 8801 Preamp, Outlaw 7700 Amp, Klipsch RF7 (X-over dean G modded) RC7 (X-over Dean G modded) RS7 CDT-5800C speakers, Outlaw LFM1 EX Subwoofer, Oppo BDP-93, B & O Turntable, Toshiba HD-A2, Sony CD & DVD 400 disc jukeboxes, DirecTV HD-DVR, PS2, PS3, Wii, Harmony one remote, Monster PowerBar 1200 for the TV, sub, PS3, HD DVD and Wii, Tripp Lite Isolation Bar for the Amp, Pre-Amp and other sources.