arc is also very awarded, but it's still not what i'm looking for. arc allows up to 25 mic positions and audyssey pro 32, which is more than enough. by correction down 10 10hz i didn't meant 10hz resolution, i meant sub correction in a interval from 10hz(or below) to any upper frequency. audyssey shows correction from 10hz while arc shows from 20hz.

you are correct about the importance of the importance of the components surrounding the dacs, even after considering the impact from surrounding components the effective accuracy should still be higher than cd quality on good circuits. http://www.head-fi.org/t/486598/testing-audiophile-claims-and-myths

i am considering a interim solution on the electronics front. i would have the same problem for the sub(nothing good enough) if i wouldn't built it myself(4 lms ultra 5400 18 is).

you are correct that it's hard to replace a established standard. in fact dp 1.2 is has been standard for graphic cards for a while now, apple is using it for their monitors and computers. still most pc monitors uses dvi. since dp 1.2 has been here for a while it's pretty likely it will b standard for 4k monitors. if a better version of hdmi comes out it will take a while for it to become common. after spending years getting hdmi 1.5(or whatever) to work good it will take several months to get the certification.

multiple mic measurements is of course only needed in a automatic system. digital eq tends to add artefacts so you have to make sure these aren't audible, this is the case even when making settings manually. you also need to make sure the filter-resolution is high enough, setting 10000 filters manually will take some time if you have to set then one-by-one. this is one of the reasons why i think the a pc should be used during the correction.

Edited by anjora (05/15/12 11:11 AM)