Originally Posted By: XenonMan
I just repeated the story I read on Audioholics about the coat hanger test. Suits me to a TEE though. I don't get all caught up in the hype and generally call a spade a spade. I wish I had thought of the trick.

As far as making the 978 into a streaming machine I don't care at this point. If Outlaw had originally scoped it in I would be good with it. However with the production date slipping day by day I just want the damn thing out. I originally went with separates because I wanted the components designed for the function to perform their job as best as their design allows. The pre-pro is the body of the spider and all the rest are legs. I want the body to coordinate the legs. I figure the legs can be designed for specific functions and will be better than if they were part of the whole thing. By necessity the pre-pro has to have a great output section and a lot of inputs and a volume control. All the source components can be had off the shelf as each of us demands. Adding the price of streaming to the 978 was probably much harder than adding another HDMI port for a squeezebox or a Roku to plug into.

This is one of the best analysis I have heard concerning the 978. Can't add to it.

Thanks Xenonman