Hey 73Bruin

The $1500 price tag is a roundabout figure I threw in. Of course more expensive tvs will sell but what I am saying is that the masses and I mean the majority of those buyers just bought 50 to 60 inch models. Nobody is about to toss them in ye ol' garbagio just yet. Some of those people are on the 2nd set. Any 4k tvs will be specialty for now. Not for a very long time will the market be viable for such sets UNLESS the tv manufacturers just throw them in at near current prices and discontinue 1080p. This of course has to fair well with the movie makers. The AVS division in my company sells only what is the better price. The $2300 units are....just sitting there in the back collecting dust. Over 90% of our customers are even coming with competitors' flyers to price match if we are a wee too expensive for them.

Anjora

Gamers are not going to persuade the manufacturers to make a mega expensive tv just for them. It would be nice but I feel it is a long way away.

If it ain't under 2k it ain't being paid by me even if it's 8k resolution.