What I was commenting on my earlier post is anything ABOVE 1080p MUST be marketable to the masses at a "Masses" price, plain and simple. Nobody except a few of us audio/videophile nutheads would consider spending any more than $1500 on today's tv pricing. The 978 will be meant to pass through at least a 1080p picture. Hopefully it is upgradable.

Anjora I understand you are not interested in watching movies but a 2k or 4k picture has to be produce in mass so that the MOVIE watchers can justify the change from their newly-bought flat panels. Ten years from today is about right for 1080p to last. The tv manufacturers want consumer sales which is what their factories can be tooled for in order to make any sort of overhead on this "no margin" category. They need the next BIG thing that the masses will buy.

Face it...you and I will be at the mercy of Joe Sixpack who buys at Best Buy, Fry's, Wally World etc, etc.