Originally Posted By: tkntz
I actually think Gonk has checked out. I believe he has moved on from Outlaw. His last post sounded like someone who was completely disinterested in the 978 or anything "Outlaw". That was my "impression". I certainly don't speak for him, but it certainly sounded like he wasn't even reading the posts on here anymore. I truly believe he is not beta testing, though until his last post, I thought that must be where he was.

I heard that folks were wondering where I went, so I thought I'd check back in.

I have not been checking the forum lately - in fact, I haven't been checking any forums lately. I can't even remember the last time I logged in at AVS. My responsibilities at work have increased, and we've had a significant backlog of projects that I've had to help manage and/or design. At this point, I don't see the work load easing up for at least a few months, and between that workload and obligations at home I just don't have much time to be active in my old haunts. I do hope to return here once I've reached a better balance of work, family, and play. In the meanwhile, I'm still really interested in hearing the Model 978 (especially after my experience with Sabre DACs in the BDP-83SE and BDP-95), and I still try to find time to unwind and enjoy my Outlaw speakers and amps. It just so happens that it's easier to be patient when I don't have time to wonder how its going... wink