Originally Posted By: twistybox
I haven't played a disc (movie) in over 6 years and currently don't have any disc-based device even connected in my home theater. I will never buy another disc-based product and the ones that are kicking around here will never find themselves connected to a home theater again.

As for music discs, that's now been over 10 years since I last played music from one. A music CD as a primary playback medium is about as out-dated as the 8-track tape as far as I'm concerned. When I buy a CD today, it goes into an a small inbox pile, then it gets ripped and then put into storage as a backup/archive.

Then you must be watching compressed streamed 720P content over the Internet and not reaping the full potential of your 1080P display, if that's what you have. If you don't have a 1080P display, then you obviously don't have much too loose but if you do, you should try a Blu-ray sometime. Anyone with normal vision can clearly tell the difference provided you sit at the appropriate distance from your TV.

Then why are you following the release of the 978 and what are you looking at getting out of it?