Originally Posted By: AusTexRocker
I find myself on the opposite side of this view. I would prefer my heavy processing done at the source, in this case the OPPO-95 (which seems like it will do a better job in all accounts). This pretty much takes the burden away from the 978 and allows it to focus on SQ and switching duties and future proofs it from future changes in DAC and video chip technology. There is certainly no point in having high end chips in every component. You could go the route of a cheap source feeding the 978 but I belive the theory of "junk in-junk out" might apply here and why feed the 978 junk? Any upgrades to an OPPO-95 type product would likely still be less expensive and another pre-pro.

I don't understand your desire to pair a BDP-95 with an Outlaw pre-pro, other than as a cheaper alternative to something like a Parasound P-7. With a device "designed from the ground up with components optimized for enhanced analog audio performance" the Outlaw's room correction and other audio and video processing capabilities are essentially moot (except for cable or satellite TV).
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra