Originally Posted By: Hank
The problem with this is that the 'customers' are US. There's no one out there in mass consumer land who will buy a 978 - they don't know that Outlaw Audio exists. It is US who will have to buy and experience the 978's performance and report back here. If you are too leery to buy and want to sit and wait while others test the 978 for you, I think that's a flawed process. Be a bit braver.

Take 2 Hank blush.
Once the 978 ships and some folks here buy the unit, we don't only have to report back here or merely rely on the resources available on this Outlaw forum. At that point, we should also open up an "Outlaw Audio 978 AV Processor Official Thread" on the AV Science Forum | AMPs, Receivers, and Processors Threads. This will serve two purposes. First, it will help to make this Outlaw 978 processor better known to many more folks who don't know much about, it if anything at all. And second, it will bring in more expertize from a lot of experienced folks over at the AV Science forums, even if those people haven't acquired the unit or are waiting to see how things turn out, they can nonetheless make valuable contributions in terms of troubleshooting the unit by making test scenario suggestions.

I hope that Outlaw is also preparing to send out evaluation units to professional reviewers as I've mentioned in my previous post (Audioholics, Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity, Kalman at Stereophile, etc.). If the 978 turns out as good as Outlaw claims, those professional reviews will help tremendously to build up the 978's notoriety. Are you reading this Outlaw! It's time to walk the talk.