Originally Posted By: Ritz2
The XMC is a LOT more attractive from a features perspective. And I do believe I have mentioned the previous track record of Emotiva in numerous posts...but if you feel the need to flog that dead horse... Neither company is particularly credible based on hitting release dates for their theater processors so it will be a horse race to see which one gets the unit out the door and then we'll see who (if either one) has managed to release a bug free (or minimally buggy) product.

So if that makes my opinion of Emotiva "lofty" then so be it. I have yet to buy anything from them. On paper, there is really no comparison between the two products though.

Best,

The XMC is not more attractive whatsoever. I suppose it's all in the eye of the beholder, so maybe for you it is, but a blanket statement like that is only opinion, after all. When I look at the 978's Audyssey version, the Sabre DACs, the video processing(all of which the XMC doesn't have), it is certainly attractive. On paper, I give the Outlaw the nod. You, who have never even bought an Emotiva product, seem quite taken with them, and that is your right, but to come on here and say the XMC wins hands down is a big rush to judgement. I'll wait to see how each product does in customer's homes.