Originally Posted By: Ritz2
Originally Posted By: bobm
Interesting comments, if the one cannot tell the difference between Lossy(decent) and lossless playback, perhaps an expensive prepro vs. and inexpensive AVR would be difficult too? Or is the strong appetite for the 978 for other benefits besides perceived improvements in sound quality?

Strong appetite? I wouldn't be so sure. For every, "yeah, I'll wait til the cows come home for my 978" I think I've seen a corresponding "Got tired of waiting and bought something else" or "the 978 is missing feature X so I'll buy another product."

As a result, I don't see the 978 being popular at all. They are WAY too late to the party and are missing significant feature sets that are commonplace in the industry now. Sure, some diehard Outlaw fans will buy them, but these things aren't going to sell well. I wouldn't wish any bad luck on Outlaw, but that's what I see happening.

Best,

But you're the same guy that said "if the Emotiva guys can pull this off the XMC will sell like hotcakes." You seem to have a lofty opinion of them over Outlaw despite Emo's awful UMC failure. I don't quite follow your logic there.

At any rate, only time can tell who will be successful, but it's a little early to be counting anyone out.

Edited by S. Sharkey (04/16/12 11:07 PM)