AusTexRocker

Ranting totally excused. Just so everybody knows where I actually stand, I agree with AusTexRocker. I would love to see Bluray continue gloriously into the future AND improved down the road. Unfortunately streaming and downloading is where the industry is going and NOBODY who is part of the masses and just goes with the flow is a member of this forum. This is why we are all here. We care for the best and also for improvement on "the best."

I myself am not far behind from AusTexRocker in age. I am 47 and have a family and I STILL do not own an IPod. I am planning to get one soon for my car since it is IPod ready and I am too lazy in my middle age to keep hauling down the CD collection and loading the car system up with it.

What I believe, if not mistaken, Ritz was speaking about excellent recorded FLAC audio. Much of the material may not be available at such high quality recordings. I don't believe that a well recorded IPod song on high end systems like ours in the forum will sound quite as good as a well pressed CD. I don't think a well pressed CD is important in a car. For me my car's (2008 Acura TL with NAV) system sounds good but all said a car is a car is a car. It is not a nice home system and cannot be.

Yes...Who wants to control their system from a friggin' Iphone.
At least I had my coffee.