Just thought I'd take a few minutes to provide my impressions on how the Music Bridge sounds. For my test the 990 was set to Bypass for both CDs and PC music, I used my Pioneer universal player for CDs and iTunes for PC music. I was able to sync the songs fairly well and used the 990 remote to switch between inputs. Let me first say that previously I found out I prefered Bypass mode when listening to CDs. The sound was a little "smoother".

For causal listening I'll be using the Music Bridge. The slightly lower quality of the sound is offset by the convenience of the iTunes player. One thing to note; iTunes boosts the lower frequencies even with their equalizer set flat. If you use iTunes you will probably want to adjust the equalizer to your taste. The CDs from my Pioneer had more detail, particularly in the mid-range, so when I devote time to sit and just listen to music I'll keep using CDs on the Pioneer.

One of the very pleasant surprises of the 990 has been its ability to tackle 2 channel music. Many others have posted similar experiences. The Music Bridge (or any other similar product) is a nice way to improve the convenience of listening to music.

P.S. The percentage of time I now listen to music exceeds movies by a long shot and I now find myself considering a 2 channel system. But that's for another post (Suggested Outlaw Products?).