First thing

I agree with Xenonman and Rubbersoul in that my hearing ain't what she used to be. I think when I went to an AC DC concert 20 years ago my hearing went right there and then. I actually still hear fine BUT things are not 100 %. I cannot hear anything above 16khz.

Second thing

I love my bluray player but a server IS the way to go as Ritz just posted above. FLAC is every bit as good as CD. I have spoken to an experienced emplyoee at a hi-end audio store in my area and he said that Bluray is dead as far as a the future is concerned. He would NOT want to sell me one at a high price even though he carries a few high end models at over $1000. He says that media servers, like Kalaidescape which they sell, are the future. Although Kalaidescape is very expensive and out of the reach of many people (one being me), he says that there is where the industry is headed because that is what the masses want.

This is where Outlaw should be concentrating. They obviously are putting a lot of work in the 978 and their R&D should then be focused on an affordable server in the near or mid future.