gonk,

I wish I could run some Cat5 between my equipment and computer. I had the chance three years ago when I remodeled the family room/kitchen and I had a lot of drywall removed to run new electrical. At that time I ran all my speaker wires and plasma interconnects. If you can run the wire I'd suggest it. In the interim the Music Bridge will handle many of your music needs.

I think we have all noticed the merging of computers and home theater/entertainment: the USB port on the 990, upgradable pre/pro software, burning CDs and DVDs on the computer, etc. Dedicated CAT wire would make that process smoother. My little foray linking my PC and HT is probably the first step of many in years to come.

I intend to do some A-B testing between CDs on my universal player and the same music via the Music Bridge. The MB using iTunes was pretty impressive after a couple of minor tweaks to the iTunes equalizer; Dave Matthews, Live at Luther College, sounded fantastic. If its really good it could delay my purchase of a dedicated CD player...or maybe not. Ahh, the addiction continues!