Yesterday I linked my library of music on my PC to my home theater anchored by my 990. I installed a Linksys Music Bridge that allows you to hear music played on any PC music player on your HT. I know some of the Outlaw gang have used similar products with great success. I can report great success with the Music Bridge. It requires that you have a wireless router and since I had already had a Linksys router for internet access on my kid's computers I went with the same brand. One of the cool things about the Music Bridge is that it has analog, plus optical and coaxial digital inputs. With the abundance of optical inputs on the 990 I chose to use an optical input.

It is extremely convenient to sit at the computer and quickly put together a play list that sounds so fine on the my system. I doubt I'll be burning many CDs in the future. So far I like the sound from the iTunes player the best. I have tried Sony's SonicStage and MusicMatch and they didn't have the quality of iTunes.

FYI, I tried an Apple Airport Express first. I should have known that mixing Apple and PC equipment (oranges?) was asking for trouble. The Apple's WEP security settings were not compatible with my Linksys router even after three sessions with the Apple techs. I'm sure the Apple has worked well for some folks. As it turns out I like the flexibility to use any player verus being required to use iTunes with the Airport Express. Another bonus: the Music Bridge was $100 and so $30 less than the Apple.

Gotta love all those inputs on the 990! It is fun to find new ways to use them.