Hey Rubbersoul

You said you need 4 optical inputs for the 978. You are using optical on the Oppo. Is that for movies? Would you not use HDMI or analog multichannel for movies on the BD-93. This is the only way you can flush out lossless audio. If you need to eliminate Roku then Roku you must eliminate. My guess is that Outlaw may feel that HDMI is the new way to go but still gives you three optical inputs. Not too sure why anybody still needs component or composite. I guess the world isn't totally ready to give those inputs over yet.

The multichannel is labeled here as "analog audio inputs." I guess they are not using the "7.1" designation for this method of hookup. Outlaw may feel that their clients are so smart they will figure it out.

As for myself I will NOT be amongst the first early adopters to pull the trigger and fire in fear that the early edition of the 978 may not be ready for a real gunfight. I want to wait and see if some of you brave cowboys are ready to be deputized by Sheriff Scott and his posse. I wish to wait for 2012 (assuming the 978 comes out this year) and buy next year. I do intend to buy the unit providing it will be released at a respectable price.