Originally Posted By: Robert Werner
Don't know about you guys, but after reading the latest update on the progress of the 978, I have no worries about memory or any other spec of the machine. Engineering is always a compromise between what is wanted and the constraints of economics and design limitations. Compared with some other competitors, Outlaw has a deserved reputation for producing quality products which they stand behind 100%, and I believe their knowledge of that biases many production decisions and has contributed to some of the delays.

As to the 'slingers or others posing threats of jumping ship due to lack of a date specific... jump away. Thankfully these threats have had little direct impact on Outlaw's development process. After all, who is more anxious to start writing orders than they? Obviously the development and production are proceeding as fast as possible.

I'm guessing we're at 90% of the total wait time. I'm hanging on for the final 10%. My only worry now is my budget...

While I do agree with the above comments on the development process, I have to object to the use of the term "jumping ship" - some of us simply needed to/wanted to replace old equipment, and Outlaw did not have a replacement available to order. It has nothing to do with jumping ship and is certainly not a "threat", although, if a ship was doing donuts in the middle of the ocean for a couple of years and another ship came along to bring me to dry land, I'd take it.
Oppo BDP-83, Sony UBP-X800
Roku Streaming Stick +
Music Hall mm5.1 table, Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge, Cambridge Audio 640P Phono Preamp, Pro-Ject Speed Box
Belkin Pure AV Power Conditioner
Audioquest Type 8 speaker cable, Monoprice speaker Cable
Mostly Monoprice interconnects