Originally Posted By: S. Sharkey
I never claimed that Audyysey was older than Tact. I said that Tact was an obscure brand and hadn't been attempted at this price point. Certainly compared to Audyysey it is obscure.

Emotiva has a very long way to go, in my opinion, to get back some of the abused customers. A properly functioning pre-pro will not do it.

I realize you you didn't claim that Audyssey was older than Tact's digital room correction, I was simply putting things into some historical context just to illustrate that Tact's technology isn't that obscure. It's been reviewed in many major audio magazines like Stereophile (1999 & 2001) and The Absolute Sound (2000 & 2007) and has won many awards, as has Audyssey's MulEQ XT & SEQ to be fair.

However, compared to Audyssey's MultEQ notoriety, I agree with your assessment that Tact can be qualified as obscure. Tact digital room correction has only been used on their own gear whereas Audyssey has scored many wins with very well known major brands and a couple of lesser known brands too, literally selling into the hundreds of thousands if not millions in terms of an installed user base. Tact on the other, being more of a boutique audio brand selling to a mid to high end market segment is nowhere near a hundred thousand units.

I had read that there where some issues with some of the Emotiva gear but I didn't realize that it had reached the level you describe. Tact has also had some issues over the years and being a small outfit, some of the issues have taken quite a bit of time to resolve and service on units has being very slow at times. All things to ponder over when making a buying decision.