Originally Posted By: Kevin C Brown
The bigger problem for me with the Emotiva is their poor track record for reliable hardware and software. At least when Outlaw puts a product out, you know it will be supported in a timely manner. (That's been my personal experience, anyway.) I'm not sure that's the case with what I've read about previous Emotiva products, and particularly their most recent processor.

That would indeed make me nervous (about buying an Emotiva product) so I don't think I'd be an early adopter. smile I remember when I first got my Outlaw 990 back in 2005, I had a few issues as well that were eventually solved by firmware updates (and that was a bit of an exciting process for me the first couple of times).

While Outlaw support has been good to me in the past, I have what I feel are valid concerns about support for this new processor if there are issues in the future. It seems that they handed off a list of specifications to a Chinese partner and are dependent on them for both the hardware and firmware. That's not a particularly good position to be in...ask me how I know... lol

I look forward to seeing someone or some magazine/blog/etc do a head to head comparison of both products.

Best,

Edited by Ritz2 (03/20/12 01:18 PM)