Well, today is Tuesday and PT said there would be an announcement this week. Based on PT's reliability I would think that all of this speculation and comparisons will soon be put to rest in a little more than 72 hours.

I checked out the Emotiva site and their new upcoming soon to be released Emotiva XMC-1 and I like the looks of this unit but will say the blue might be a little much for my liking. Also the allowance for only one HDMI output makes me nervous about future product connections. I have had an itch now to upgrade for some time but have been doing my best to remain a loyal customer to Outlaw Audio. Having met both Scott and Peter Tribeman I can value their enthusiasm and dedication to Outlaw Audio. I think that the process of developing the 978 has been a not so easy road traveled. I have confidence that the Outlaw 978 will come to the market arena as with other products from Outlaw that we will be smitten with their style and much more important their performance in the Home Theater and two channel stereo genre.

Not to mention Outlaws tech support for all of the occasions that I personally called that hot line in desperation to find out what I was doing wrong or if there was a malfunction in my 990 was always professionally handled and I was always satisfied to my satisfaction with their service and advice.

I am anxiously awaiting the red carpet to be rolled out for a new venue of Outlaw products.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini