Originally Posted By: gonk
It's a temporary reappearance - still way behind on lots of things - but I happened to check in (had a few PMs that I hadn't answered from weeks ago) and saw Koyaan's post in the recent activity.

Part of my point was that for some OPPO players, there was detailed information available, but for most the information was limited to a model number, feature list, and maybe a picture or two - not much different from what Outlaw's done over the years. In some cases, not even that was available until the first production run was sitting in California and ready to ship to customers. Test firmware has always been protected by NDA, and still is - if I were to get test firmware for one of my OPPOs tomorrow, I would still be under NDA and unable to discuss details of that firmware even though the hardware involved is available or even discontinued. "Beta" firmware is discussed online by beta testers and customers, but OPPO's beta firmware is publicly available to customers after the product is already available (although the 83 was in such demand that it was very hard to get for the first three or four months).

WELCOME BACK GONK , WE'VE MISSED YOU.
Pioneer Elite DV-47A
Magnavox HDMR513h DVR/DVD-R
Sony DVD megachangers-2
Sony CD megachangers-2
Monster power centers-2
Sony 48" rear projection SDTV
Roku video player
JVC AL-A158 Turntable
Polk RT-2000s,CS-650,XS-650s,RT80s
LFM-1EX
Hsu VTF-1