Hello everyone:

I'm the new guy on the block but have been visiting for awhile now. I am also the recent recipient of the 990/7125 combo. This was the first step in upgrading the audio portion of my home theater. I have been enjoying many years of faithful service from a Yamaha RXV-793 (first generation Dolby Digital, no DTS) and five NHT Super Ones for speakers with a Definitive Technologies Pro-Sub 150. Nothing fancy but for the budget I had very servicable. I am now able to move up the ladder a few steps and started with the Outlaws. I'm actually thinking about taking advantage of the offer to upgrade the 7125 to probably the 7500 now that its available.

Now for my dilemma: speakers (I know, get in line, right?) I auditioned a pair of Magnepan 1.6's last week and really enjoyed the incredible soundstage they threw at me. However, the electronics that were powering them were considerably different than what I have, and I'd like to know how the Outlaws would do. I see that Ritz has a pair in his system. I'm tempted to take advantage of Magnepan's trial offer of MMG's factory direct for 60 days. I know they are not 1.6's but I'm not sure my wife would let speakers that big anywhere near our house. Anyway, does this strategy make any sense to anyone out there? The room my theater is in is pretty large, 16x25 with a 14 ft. vaulted ceiling. Would the size of this room completely overwhelm the MMG's? Also, I'm seeing that Maggies need a lot of power. How would the Outlaws handle the need for power?

I also auditioned a pair of Paradigm ref. 40's and some B&W's. I just like the "presence" that the Maggies gave, if that description makes any sense. I know that this is a very subjective topic and no one can tell me what sounds good to me except me. But any help anyone can provide would be much appreciated. I'm all ears (sorry about the pun)!