Originally Posted By: renov8r
The 978 features have included the ability to "feed" digital audio files to the onboard DAC from a computer via USB, such capability has existed in current Outlaw offerings. Of course the feature list and specific implementation has been "subject to change" forever...

The Model 978 photos in the sticky post don't appear to include a USB port -- are they out of date as well? So hard to keep up...

Very interested in both myself. There are clear shortcomings in each, though -- the Emotiva completely lacks analog video, for instance. Not a huge deal, perhaps, but I still have a couple of sources I'd like to use, and it'd be nice to have a single control system. Likewise, the Emo has only a single HDMI output; I don't care, but many do.

On the other hand, the lack of any sort of control connectivity besides IR on the 978 is a huge pain. I could care less about integrated streaming (which the Emo has), but I'm trying really hard to move away from reliance on infrared. The Emo will have RS-232 and Ethernet control interfaces, which is nice.