Wow. Some heavy breathing out there and I totally have BEEN having the same lack-luster feeling about any future Outlaw products that seem to be created on Disney's drawing boards.I
I have recently been speaking to Scott about a small problem I had with the 990 and he kindly help me out and solved my problem. I mentioned the 978 on how or what news he had about the it and the response was shall I say less than enthusiastic, or at least that's what I thought. I wanted to know if the 978 was being refitted perhaps to include Bluetooth and the response was negative. I just cannot figure out how Outlaw expects to kept the attention of even the most loyal customers.
Mind you I am very please with the performance of my 990/7700 combo however it would be nice to be excited about an upgrade. As mentioned there are many new processors out there that offer a lot more than what the 978 seems to be offering and the prices are in the same ballpark as what I expect Outlaw's 978 to be.
I think the 978 might be outdated before it even gets out of the gate competing against other processors for accolades that people want to hear and are looking for that in the market.
My friend just purchased the Integra DHC 80.3/DTA 70.1 combo a very impressive sounding couple. I was considering to pull the trigger on both of these pieces but the price of $4600 kepts me on the fence. Then I was toying with the idea of buying the processor alone ($2600) and adding a new amp sometime in the future but for financial reasons I will take a back seat on any new additions to my home theater.
Another reason. Maybe its my age and hearing loss since my younger days but I really appreciate the sound I get from my 990. I am just as wowed now as when I first purchased the Outlaw.
Sure I want the bells and whistles but at what cost? Besides, as stated before I like what I hear BUT the future of electronics is oh so tempting to taste.

Thanks for listening.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server