I agree and to carry this a little further, it has a lot to do with what you are selling.

That "model" that you mentioned is selling a product that covers almost every age group because they are selling phones, computers, iPads/Tablets and all these products are exciting and must have's to a lot of people especially the young folks. Receivers, prep/pros are not that exciting to most people and certainly are not must have's. I would imagine that the majority of people walking down the street would not know what you are talking about.

That brings us to the "open" or "secretive" strategy. I think that Outlaw has been open about the 978 and to be fair it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to keep repeating "we're working on it". I'm sure that they are having issues with the software as well as compatibility. That stuff is going to take some time. Which leads me to believe that when the 978 is set to go, they will make an announcement and possible start preorders at least a couple of months in advance or maybe longer. Too keep silent until the warehouse here in the good ole U.S.A. is stocked doesn't seem wise to me because every month your losing sales with people giving up and purchasing someone else's product. I would tell the last remaining loyal followers that it's on the way...soon.