Originally Posted By: Kevin C Brown
I had a 950, and all the known issues were fixed by Outlaw. Never had an Emotiva, but my impression is that the problems with that one were a lot worse? How is the room EQ correction on the UMC-1? Anything close to Audyssey?

I had a Emotiva in my bedroom setup, did not care for it at all. The volume button on that massive metal remote quit working after a few months, AC power plug on the amp pulled out every time I removed the factory power cord, the 12v trigger circut on the amp from the processor went bad after a year. I forget the model numbers, they were one step-down from their top of the line products and I purchased them soon after my 990/7700 for a second setup. The build & sound quality was not even in the same class as my Outlaw products which have been used many years longer then my Emo gear was and have yet to give me a single problem. I don't know why they get the great reviews they do unless their has been a drastic improvement in their QC & components.

Still waiting for the 978, plan to dump my Integra 80.2 - great processor but those damn relay clicks bothered me so much I had to disable my subwoofers in setup to stop it.
Eastern Electric Mini-Max DAC
Vortex Appliance
Squeezebox Touch w/Bolder digital mod & PS
Cardas Speaker/Interconnect Cables
Velodyne EQ-Max 10

65" Panasonic VT-30 ISF Calibrated
Outlaw 7700
Outlaw 990
Integra 80.2
Onix Ref 1.5 - Ref-100 w/Ninja Masters/NoRez
Oppo BDP-93
Hsu VTF-3 MKII RW