I have not professionally dealt with Chinese firms, but have experience in Mexico. It is sad to see the working conditions and poor pay. I would invite all of the Wall Street occupiers to visit a Mexican border town. Those of us in the 99% have it pretty darn good.

Comparing doing business in China or Mexico it is obvious why made in the US carries a heavy premium. And to me, it is obvious why so many of us have the Walmart mentality. We want to maximize our return just like big business. I wonder how many crazy people there are like me, that when they go into Home Depot or their local department store, actually look on the packaging for country of origin? I bet it is a very small percentage.

Not trying to get into politics, (had that on AVS) but would Outlaw gain any customers if they built (assembled) the 998 in the US? I guarantee you I would buy it. That’s at least one. I would pay up to twice the price of the 997.

It seems logical to me that ATI has the capability to assemble complex electronic hardware. I suspect there are other factories in the US that could as well. Heck I have a switcher from Zektor that is made in the US. Outlaw could advertise “The only home theater processor made in the US for under $XXX”.

Come on Outlaw, build us a processor made in the US. smile

mj