Hello. Back again. I am also waiting for the release of the Outlaw 978, XXXX. When it is available, I will purchase one. I can wait. The 990 still out performs what I see and here at my local "high end" store. (at the very least, the price.)I had a Kenwood KR 2600 receiver back in the day. It worked, and most important, I liked it. The ease of use, and the sound reproduction was, to me great. It was only 40 watts. I started going to pre amp, power amp systems shortly after that, which was my first "major purchase" That was 1976. I have people come over to the house asking what was Outlaw Audio. They never heard of it, but Outlaw Audio isn't around every corner in my town, or your town. My son has the 970/7075 system in his house. He told me this evening, his friend wants to invest into Outlaw products. Which is good for Outlaw, not me, or my son, or you. I still stand to what I believe. They still serve the public with quality products for sale, and I will wait a quite while longer before I even think about replacing my 990. Please keep in mind, this is my opinion. I can go somewhere else, but I feel Outlaw has the consumer in mind, me,and you, not their profit margin in hand. Again, this is my opinion. Thanks for reading this.
Oppo 981HD
Cambridge 640c II CD player

DIECTV HR21-700
Rega P2 w/tweaks
Klipsch RF82's, RF3's, RC62, RS3's