Originally Posted By: Jeff Mackwood

Ummm...

I know.

I've been in the aerospace business, on the technology side, for over two decades.

I've seen the Chinese in action first hand during that period.

I've met with hundreds of their scientists, engineers, managers, handlers, and spies.

Because I use my real name on everything I post, that's all I'll say except that while the opinion that I have formed about the danger that is China is personal, my professional life has given me insight(s) that the average person most certainly has not been privy to.

ps. I went through the C919 mock-up at last year's Paris Airshow.

While I'm not in the aircraft business, I can relate to the handlers/spies thing. Nothing like getting followed out from a conference by a couple of guys with earphones who also show up at your hotel, restaurants you visit, etc. The PRC is treating this as a war....while we roll our eyes and treat it as an inconvenience. Sending money to people that are actively trying to hurt us is self defeating. We, as consumers, can either play along or do what we can to not participate.

Re: C919

It was interesting to note that along with the gaggle of Chinese airlines that submitted orders, GE Capital Aviation was among them. Turns my stomach.

Best,

Edited by Ritz2 (01/12/12 11:05 AM)