Originally Posted By: casey01
[quote=jacket_fan]
The reality is, and this has been the case for years now, something can qualify and advertise as being "Made in the USA" or should I qualify that by saying it is "Assembled in the USA", however, if you open it up and look inside you will find most assuredly that the parts come from the "Far East".

While that may be true, I personally (perhaps I'm in the minority) prefer to spend my money with companies that:

a. Produce/assemble product here.
b. If (a) is not possible, then I would prefer to NOT have my dollars feed a country that is actively hostile to the United States to the extent possible.

I have spent years working with and in China. Make no mistake...they consider us an enemy. However, they are content to do business with us to make money so that they can develop their businesses to the point that they don't have to deal with us (at least not from a position of weakness). They are at war with us economically and we're not even putting up a fight. I refuse to participate in the gutting of our economy to the extent I can. It isn't always possible to avoid, but I do the best I can.

So....do you want to help the Chinese government actively subvert our economy and our children's future economic prospects? I don't. There are plenty of other Asian countries with large affordable labor pools that are not trying to hurt us.

Best,

Edited by Ritz2 (01/11/12 12:09 PM)