The only equipment I bought that wasn't on sale were my 2 Epik subs and Oppo. I guess my best discounts would be my Sony VPL-VW70 Projector that MSRP'ed for $6000. I paid $1299 for a B-Stock unit. It was brand new, but I soon figured out why it was such a good deal. During dark scenes with a small amount of light (like someone walking down a dark alley with a candle), there would be terrible pixelation around the lighted part of the scene. You wouldn't think it would be a big deal, but it made some movies almost unwatchable. The colors and black levels, right of the box on this thing, were amazing, however. It blew away my Epson 8100. In order to fix the pixelation problem, you needed an external video processor. I ran across a Lumagen Radiance XD that Spectracal had used as a demo unit. It was basically brand new. It retailed for $4500 and I picked it up for $1000. So for $2300, I basically have a $10,500 projection system. The other good deal I got, was when a local theater installer got rid of all his showroom stuff. I bought a row of 4 Bass Millenia rocking theater seats for $1000. They retailed for over $3000 for the set.
Rotel RMB-1075
Oppo BDP-93
M&K LCR 75 mains
M&K Center 750
M&K SS550 Surrounds
M&K SS550 Back Surrounds
Dual Epik Legends