Many Americans (and people of other nationalities) want their stuff (especially toys that frequently get replaced or upgraded) at the lowest possible price, regardless of where those toys come from or the harmful results on their own economies.

For instance, If I want to upgrade the motherboard in my computer, which I do every few years, it is pretty hard to find one NOT made in the people's republic. My TV and audio equipment, on the other hand, has been around for years. My speakers, turntable and power amps are USA made and are from the mid '80s. When I buy someting, I buy for long term satisfaction. Digital stuff gets updated a bit more frequently than my analog stuff. When I do buy something non-USA made, I do avoid the people's republic if at all possible, but don't mind buying something from another country that is truly friendly to the USA, if a domestic alternative is not available at or near what I can afford.

My present "pre-pro", for movies, not music, is a several year old Sony receiver that I bought used. It is 5.1 channels. I would like to upgrade some day, but I am in no rush.
I don't need the latest toy. If and when I do buy something to replace the Sony with, I might buy something new or maybe used.

When I do buy something that was made in the people's republic, I am not pleased with the fact that it came from there. I do try and make this happen as little as possible, though.

Everybody has to make their own choice in regards to purchases: what, when, why and from where. Of course, if I was rolling in money, buying USA made all the time would be a lot easier. For someone making very little, even most stuff made in the people's republic is too expensive. Decisions! Decisions!!