Originally Posted By: XenonMan
30 years ago the Japanese were trying to put the automakers and every other consumer electronics company out of business, clear and simple.

But this is exactly what China is doing to them, Europe, us, Canada, etc, today.

A bunch of US solar technology companies just filed a complaint with the US gov't because Chinese companies are dumping solar products here ... trying to drive US companies out of business.

Frankly, my personal concern is more about quality control and long term reliability, than any politics of where a particular audio component comes from.

I'd love to buy US, and I'd pay a reasonable premium for that, but that's almost impossible with AVRs/SSPs. So with the Denon 4311CI/A100, if there's a choice between a unit manufactured in China vs Japan, I'll take Japan every time.

Since the 978 can and will only come from China, I don't have a problem with that.

My only concern was that we still don't know when the 978 will be available (hint, hint Outlaw smile ), so I wanted to get the Denon AVR before there weren't any more Japanese-made units available.

Edited by Kevin C Brown (12/08/11 07:46 PM)

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!