I waited for the 997 to come out and when it missed its predicted release dates with no news, I chose to purchase the Onkyo PR-SC886 from Outlaw. I can honestly say that I would have never purchased the Onkyo from another online retailer. I trust Outlaw to deal fairly and honestly. When they miss a deadline they at least offer something else of very high quality. They have to do something to keep the lights on. In a few years I may be in the market for a new processor which supports 3D (if they ever work out the glasses thing) and then I will look to Outlaw for my processor. Maybe the 998 will be out by then and they'll have another customer loyalty bonus. Most of the posters on this site are waiting for the 978 to appear and have been very patient over the last 3+ years. As long as we keep it civil, I would expect everyone to prod Outlaw for updates as often as possible. When they see a lot of interest in an update, they tend to throw us a bone. PeterT, are you listening?

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner