I am looking to replace my Outlaw 970, which I never did grow to like, with something. One of the options I am looking at is the Marantz SR5005. Has anybody mated one of the with the Outlaw 7125 amp? If so, what is your opinion on the combination together?

Any other recommendations on a "relatively" inexpensive pre/pro or receiver to mate with up with the 7125? I'd like to stay with Outlaw, but I'm getting a bit tired of waiting for the next pre/pro to see the light of day. And yes, I realize that the next pre/pro will not be inexpensive, at least not by Outlaw standards. I was thinking of upgrading my 990 with the next Outlaw pre/pro and then replacing my 970 with the 990 and then beating up the 970 with a large hammer.

Any advice you can give will be appreciated, especially regarding the SR5005.

Thanks,
Jeff

Edited by jeffdavis (11/27/11 11:45 PM)
LR: ARC Reference 1 | Emotiva XPR-2 | Music Hall MMF2.2 | Oppo BDP-83SE | Polk XRt12 XM Receiver | Emotiva XDA-1 DAC | Sony HAP-S1 (digital audio player) | Sansui TU-217 Tuner | Magnepan 3.6R w/Mye-Stands | SVS SB-16 sub | BA VR-M90s | Audio Quest 72db speaker cable
Office: Drobo 5N running as PLEX media server
Closet: too many pieces to put all into place, I need more rooms smile