Originally Posted By: Logan Robertson
I didn't say that it doesn't provide other features such as equalization.
I was responding to your previous comments: "Trinnov would be great for some consumers but a little unnecessary for those of us with proper speaker placement" and "if your speakers are placed at the appropriate heights and angles then Trinnov is an unnecessary asset and/or expense"; which make it quite clear that you didn't think Trinnov was anything more than speaker remapping, "unnecessary" if the speakers are placed properly.

As for it's room correction capabilities, see if you can get a listen to a properly set up Sherwood. It might change your mind about whether Audyssey is superior to Trinnov. The comparison makes it obvious which one equalizes the speakers to a more consistent timbre between the fronts and surrounds.
I do repect your point about not needing the DSX channels which is why you would want them to jump on that right away.
I didn't say anything about not needing DSX, just said that my personal preference isn't for any processing that adds things to the soundtrack that were never there to begin with.
PLIIZ is also capable of being discrete if Dolby created the content from what I've read.
PLIIz is matrix processing. Discrete channels aren't a result of processing. For example: a soundtrack with 4 surround channels is not a discrete version of PLIIx. Likewise, a soundtrack with 2 discrete height channels is not a discrete version of PLIIz.