I've read a lot about the history of the 997 moving to the 998 then to the 978. Yeah the Trinnov might very well be what they gear themselves toward for the 998. From my understanding though is that Trinnov is going to be a problematic system to implement for an Outlaw processor to say the least. I would think that that is what will take years to develop into their processors and they would focus more on implementing DSX and the XT32 system in their current processors as this is what they are focusing on for the 978. I have to believe adding additional channels and a little better processing capabilities to the technology they are already implementing would be allowing them to offer the 998 within a year rather than a couple years adding Trinnov. I could be wrong though. A 998 with Trinnov would be great for some consumers but a little unnecessary for those of us with proper speaker placement. Perhaps they have had one of their research teams this entire time working on the Trinnov integration even though they have claimed to have put it on the back burner. I believe they would have just went for the Trinnov and the original 998 plan if they were anywhere near being able to produce it. I will say though that I am very excited regaurdless of what they do. Regaurdless Outlaw sounds like they are coming very close to a processor that I will buy and enjoy for years to come even if it takes them a couple years longer than I hope.