I can honestly see Outlaw making the 978 capable of Audyssey dsx into 9.2 or 7.2 channels especially because they now state that it will support pro logic llz. I think one of the benefits of waiting for the 998 if developed is the implementation of 11.2 channels. I just have a feeling that jumping from a projected 7 channel system to an 11 channel system is not going to happen for the 978 but would be possible for the 998. I myself already have the 11 speakers necessary to implement the full benefits of dsx so I will definitely hold out till I find out the deal with the 998 or find that a new marantz pre/pro will have similar sound processing and 11 channels. Some people knock the benefit of adding these channels but I personally like the ability to turn it on or off depending on what source material I'm listening to. It is really exciting thinking of the potential sound quality that would be achieved with a 998 11 channel reciever with the saber DAC's. Of course this is all speculation and wishful thinking. I also think that Trinnov may be necessary for some, but those of us with correct speaker placement really don't need the benefit of 3d remapping as no one should with any type of dedicated or purpose built home theater room. I believe Audyssey has a much greater benefit to me than Trinnov. Perhaps they will introduce Trinnov into there 1198. I for one however would not like to pay for this feature in any pre/pro. Does anyone disagree? Maybe I don't really understand the full benefits of Trinnov.

Edited by Logan Robertson (11/17/11 04:48 PM)