I posted this on AVS Forum as well, but looking for all help available;

I have had my BDP-95 for a week now, and while it is a very fine machine, for $1000 so far I am not that impressed. Maybe I am missing something so I am looking for some guidance.

My set up is as follows; Onkyo PR SC-886 pre-amp, Outlaw 7700 (200 WPC x 7 channels), Klipsch RF-7 mains (with the crossovers modded by Dean G), RC-7 Center (Dean G modded crosover), RS7 surrounds, CDT-5800 rear surrounds, and an Outlaw LFM-EX Subwoofer.

I have a 400 Sony CD Jukebox and a Denon DCD-1500 single disc CD player that I paid $600 for back in 1986.

I had run Audessy on the Onkyo, then turned it off and fine tuned it with a tape measure for distance and a Radio Shack SPL meter for volume for both the Onkyo and the Oppo.

I watched the new Blu Ray Pirates movie today, which has a DTS MA 7.1 soundtrack and it looked and sounded great on my Panasonic TC-P65S1 plasma (which is ISF calibrated). Bythe way, it is hooked up via HDMI.

I also have the 95 hooked up to the Onkyo with RCA cables for the Left and Right analogue setup using the "A.ux 1" input on the Onkyo.

Listening to "Mudcrutch" (Tom Petty) it sounded very good, but not "oh my god this $1,000 DVD/CD player sounds out of this world I cant believe it" good. The same with Dire Straits' Brothers in Arms.

Before I return the 95 and order a 93 ( I still want a very nice Blu Ray/Cd player for my system to supplement my PS3), I cant see spending $1000 on the 95 when I can get a 93 for $500 less.

Am I missing something somewhere? Its not like I have a $300 receiver with $300 speakers.

FLSHBACK to 1986; I bought a NAD pre-amp, Klipsch KG4 speakers and the Denon CD player and I could not believe my ears how good that system rocked and the detail in the sound. Added shortly after this was a Bang and Olufson turntable which I still have. To this day, I can throw "Thriller" on the B & O and folks cant believe how good it sounds.

PLEASE HELP with advice please!
Panasonic TC-P65S1 65" Plasma HDTV, Marantz AV 8801 Preamp, Outlaw 7700 Amp, Klipsch RF7 (X-over dean G modded) RC7 (X-over Dean G modded) RS7 CDT-5800C speakers, Outlaw LFM1 EX Subwoofer, Oppo BDP-93, B & O Turntable, Toshiba HD-A2, Sony CD & DVD 400 disc jukeboxes, DirecTV HD-DVR, PS2, PS3, Wii, Harmony one remote, Monster PowerBar 1200 for the TV, sub, PS3, HD DVD and Wii, Tripp Lite Isolation Bar for the Amp, Pre-Amp and other sources.