I have the 195 lb SVS PB12-Ultra/2 now, and one obstacle to getting two subs was that I had it in my mind to get rid of that one for 2 new "matching" something elses. But I've come across mentions now that you can successfully use 2 different subs together. So ... maybe someday sooner. One issue is that right now, admittedly with the lowly RS meter, I have measured response more or less flat down to 11 Hz. (Room/corner gain.) If I get another sub, I lose some of that because the SVS's output would be reduced by 3 dB or so by adding the other one. (But yeah, after integration, maybe I get smoother response up where I can actually hear it. smile ) And then the discussion here about how to EQ two. If just EQ'ing two together can work as well as individually then plus the total, that saves me some money too because I wouldn't have to bother with the individual EQ part. All things to consider. I suppose the bottom line, to bring this back to the Outlaw 978, is that with the Outlaw SSP and XT32, that is a genuinely valid way to get started with a 2 sub set up.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!