Originally Posted By: sdurani
Originally Posted By: Kevin C Brown
Yes. But you'd still be EQ'ing the 2 subs' interaction too, in addition to individually.
Makes the first round of EQ pointless, because you're EQing each sub under conditions it will never ever be heard in (i.e., by itself). That's like manually EQing the sub flat with the door open, and then closing the door and letting Audyssey EQ it again under the conditions it will actually be heard in. Heck, you don't even know whether some of the settings in the first round of EQing are making things more difficult for the second round.

You say "pointless", I say that I'm giving Audyssey smoother profiles to work with than w/o EQ'ing individually 1st. You say I wouldn't even know if individually EQ'ing 1st is helping or hurting Audyssey's EQ'ing the sum total response, I say, that's why I'd measure to see if there's a difference or not.

What I don't understand is that all 3 of you (Sanjay, Gary, and Gonk) keep trying to argue against this. Have any of you tried this yourselves and know that it won't work? Have any of you seen real test results that show that it cannot work? You're all arguing from a theoretical viewpoint. Gary at least is willing to consider that it could work better. I have convinced myself from a theoretical standpoint that it *could* work better. ... And then I'd measure to confirm that or not.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!