Originally Posted By: sdurani
OK, so you would be pressurizing the room differently with the door open vs the door closed. What if you added a second pressure device, like a subwoofer, would the response change? Doesn't matter how the subs are EQ'd, I'm just asking whether the response would change.
Yes. But you'd still be EQ'ing the 2 subs' interaction too, in addition to individually.

Originally Posted By: EEman
So what I would do if I were designing the system would be to measure the individual sub responses AND the combined response then apply individual corrections to each sub to equalize the combined response.
Ok, I see what you're getting at. Only EQ individually, but EQ individually so that the combined response is what you want it. That's another further step forward from what I'm suggesting. smile

Originally Posted By: GaryB
Kevin, on further reflection I am willing to admit that if you were to use a device such as the SVS AS-EQ1 (which performs EQ in both the frequency and time domains) to individually equalize 2 subs, it is quite possible that their actual summed output in a typical room will come close to their mathematically summed individual responses. Again, it remains to be seen whether doing this prior to equalizing the subs' combined output will confer any advantage (and I won't be doing it for all the reasons mentioned) but if this is indeed your intention, it's quite possible you will come close to accomplishing your goal.

Keep us posted. smile
You get it !! Yes, in the end, I don't know if you could get better performance or not from EQ'ing individually plus the total, vs just EQ'ing the sum total of the response. But theoretically, I like the idea of EQ'ing individually 1st, to give Audyssey smoother profiles to work with when EQ'ing the sum total of their interaction. In effect, it's an attempt to minimize the two subs' interaction before EQ'ing the sum total.

Edited by Kevin C Brown (10/06/11 12:05 PM)

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!