Originally Posted By: PeterT
Concerning Trinnov, we would certainly like to do it but there are now some uncertainties.
First the implementation of Trinnov in the Newcastle 972 was less than optimal(,along with several other aspects of that receiver) and a lot of work would have to be done to get it up to our standards.
Second,the ADA Trinnov product which is great and a very sophisticated implementation is extremely expensive due to several factors, some of which are costly licensing and NRE fees.

The above could put Trinnov out of reach. It really depends if other licensees can come on board to help lower overall development costs. So while we really like this system, the cost benefit/ratio might not be justified in the 998. We keep looking at this situation and have made no final decision. However we wanted you to know just what challenges we presently face

Our total focus now is to complete the 978 and then we will again visit the Trinnov situation.

If I am to be honest, I think without trinnov there is no point in releasing the 998. I doubt it will have anything of significant value over the 978. You might as well just move on to the 1198 (or whatever your next major number will be) and to your next major processor release. Calling the 998 an enhanced version of the 978 will sound like a missed boat. Just dump it and move on to your next great thing. At least then we won't be waiting another 5 years for a non existent processor.